Angela is one of my very best friends. I'm so proud of her. Here is her latest song. Enjoy!
Hatteras Girl took me by surprise with it's unique and memorable characters and new look at romance and finding the One. I really enjoyed the humor and setting. Jackie's relatives crack me up, I think in a lot of ways we all have family members like this, it's just seldom that we see them through someone else's eyes. Jackie's journey to find love and fulfill her dreams was fun and eye-opening.
Alice Wisler did a great job of presenting the true feelings we experience when we want something so bad, we forget to ask God if it's really good for us or if He wants us to have it. Or the way we struggle with accepting the truth when we see it. Hatteras Girl is funny, quirky and compelling. A very good read.
ABOUT THE BOOK:
There are two things twenty-nine-year-old Jackie Donovan asks God for: an honest, wonderful man to marry, and to own a bed-and-breakfast in the Outer Banks region. In the meantime, Jackie works for Lighthouse Views magazine, writing articles about other local business owners, and intrepidly goes on the blind dates set up by her well-meaning but oh-so-clueless relatives.
There's one specific property Jackie dreams of purchasing: the Bailey Place, a fabulous old home where Jackie spent many happy childhood afternoons, a place that has now fallen into disrepair because of its outrageous price tag.
When Jackie meets handsome Davis Erickson, who holds the key to the Bailey Place, Jackie is sure God has answered both her prayers. But as Jackie learns some disturbing details about Davis's past, she begins to question her own motivation. Will she risk her long-held dreams to find out the truth?
If you would like to read the first chapter of Hatteras Girl, go HERE.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Facts about Alice
* Born in Osaka, Japan and lived in Japan for 18 years
* Went to Kyoto International School and Canadian Academy
* Majored in Social Work and graduated in 1983 from Eastern Mennonite University
* Worked at a group home for disadvantaged kids outside of Philadelphia
* Taught English and Culture Orientation at a refugee camp in the Philippines
* Taught English as a Second Language in Japan
* Speaks and teaches on Writing the Heartache
* Has three kids on earth, and one in Heaven
* Recently got married to Carl on 2/7/09