Monday, April 24, 2006

You know you've answered too many phones when...


So Friday we played hookey from work. Actually, it was a scheduled day of vacation, but hookey sounds more fun. Angel and I met up with our friends Lindz and Eric for lunch, shopping and a movie.

We started out at the Taj Mahal, an Indian cuisine restaurant that's really excellent. Eric flirted with our waitress shamelessly and had her parents on high alert. Bad Eric! After lunch we hit Best Buy for CD's.

We saw 'The Sentinel' starring Michael Douglas, Keifer Sutherland and Eva Longoria. It was good. I'm not always a huge Michael Douglas fan, but I really liked this one. He's believable and not sleazy. I don't know why, but lots of times he just seems kind of sleazy to me. I can't explain it and I'm sure he's not. Just a weird thing of mine. Anyway, go see it, it's an intriguing story.

It was so nice to have a day off. Working in a cave will give you spring fever faster than anything else I know. No windows, no fresh air... So Friday was the perfect day. I loved it.

However, to prove how much I really needed that day of vacation... . I got home around sixish and was wondering through the house, feeding Jack, opening mail, etc. I grabbed a banana and peeled it then decided to check my messages. With the banana in my right hand I dialed call notes with my left. As I lifted the phone to my ear, my right hand followed suit, completely of it's own volition, and I stuck the banana in my ear.

That's when I realized - I've answered too many phones. My right hand is my 'phone hand' at work. It's completely trained to go to the ear after dialing. Too bad I hadn't switched and put the banana in my left hand. It could have saved myself the sliming I received. Yuck!

Only 34 days until my next day of vacation...
A.

No comments: