Wednesday, December 19, 2007

On the 8th Day of Christmas...

Song Stuck on the Brain: Paralyzer by Finger Eleven

Unexpected Blessings. Now there is something I can identify with. Especially right now. I received so many unexpected blessings during my recent health crisis. A friend has even planned a benefit concert on my behalf. How unexpected is that?

I have lost count of how many unexpected blessings I've recieved, but it sure is humbling to try to remember them all. Some of them didn't really seem like blessings at the time they happened.


Like not getting to go off to college with all my friends after high school. Turns out God had a passel of special little babies for me to raise instead. Or not having the money to register for the ACFW conference this year. Instead, God knew I would need emergency surgery during that week. Good thing I wasn't in Texas!


How about you? What unexpected blessings can you think of? I'd love to hear what they are.


A.



On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me....



The Gift of Unexpected Blessings




God's Gift of Unexpected Blessings

by Angela Hunt


The arrival of our daughter from South Korea wasn’t exactly unexpected—we’d spent years longing for her, and then months praying for that little baby’s safe arrival in our arms.

And as I look back over the experience, I can’t help thinking of Mary, who must have had such mixed feelings when she held the infant Jesus in her arms. Great joy, for the promised child had arrived. Great responsibility for the fragile life in her care. And great dread for the difficulties and sorrows that would arise.

As a young mother, I knew there would be tough times, and I haven’t been disappointed. But through bad times and good, through loving moments and less-than-loving moments, I can see the hand of God’s sovereignty molding me, my husband, and my children into the people he intends us to be.

Christmas shines brightest in the eyes of children. But it resonates most deeply in the hearts of those who love them.

Angela Hunt

Angela Hunt is the author of Doesn't She Look Natural? (Tyndale Publishers). For more information visit www.angelahuntbooks.com

1 comment:

Amy R. said...

I don't even know if I can count the number of times we have desperately needed money and received unexpected refund checks and such in the mail. It's amazing really. I hope that someday I can be/provide the unexpected blessing in someone's life.