Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!

I hope today is filled with love, laughter, hugs and good cheer. More than that, I pray your holiday is full of Jesus and the gift He brought to us that night in Bethlehem.

I'm so grateful that He was willing to volunteer for such a tremendous journey. To take on a human body, live a difficult life, die a horrible death and conquer it, all in an effort to teach us how to live and find eternal hope. I'm thankful that Mary and Joseph accepted their calling as His earthly parents, despite their uncertainties. The responsibility that was their burden and joy at the same time, became their salvation in the end. I've often wondered if I could have been that brave - that strong. Then I remember, that we're all weak and human. Even Mary and Joseph. God's strength and grace grants us the ability to do what He calls us to do - no matter the size of the job. We just have to have enough faith to say 'yes.'

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. - Phillipians 4:13


So, here's my wish for all of us this season as we face a new year. May God grant us all the faith to trust in Him and say, YES.

God Bless,
A.




No comments: