Thursday, July 15, 2010

Firestorm by Kelly Ann Riley

Song Stuck on the Brain: Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr... Anyone ever watch Big Bang Theory? Then you get it. I was singing this song to my 5 1/2 mo old grt nephew this morning. He loved it.







SOOOOO... drum roll please. The release of Firestorm finally arrived. I've been alerting you all along about the books my friends have releasing this year and Kelly Ann Riley's has arrived. I finished the book this afternoon and I have to say , Great Job!



Firestorm follows Kitty McGuire and Luke Tanner as they track an arsonist setting the forests ablaze in the small mountain town of Pine Lake. Kitty's deceased father, the former fire chief, is the prime suspect. Kitty isn't about to let her dad's name be destroyed, so she takes a vacation from her job as a firefighter in LA to come home and prove his innocence.



Meanwhile, ex-FBI agent Luke Tanner has been pulled in as the new fire chief to help solve the case. Luke has his own issues, like worrying over his traumatized son. He just wants this case settled so he can go back to focusing on his family.



The arsonist isn't co-operating though, and blaze after blaze crop up to terrorize the town. Kitty becomes a target and Luke begins to realize that he has a whole lot more to lose now that Kitty is in his life. Sparks fly everywhere, and not just from the mountainside blaze.



Kelly has done a great job of interweaving suspense, faith, love and human growth into a story you just don't want to put down. The action really doesn't stop. And I dare you to figure out who the real bad guy is before the culprit is revealed.



If you want to learn more about the main character, Kitty McGuire, she did a great interview at Craftie Ladies of Suspense. You can read it HERE.


Kelly also did a really great interview on eHarlequin about becoming a published author. Click HERE to read all about it.


Be sure to check out Kelly Ann Riley's web page as well to keep up to date on her upcoming projects.

3 comments:

Catch Them If I Can ... said...

And sorry about the spelling!! Still need sleep!! :)

Catch Them If I Can ... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Catch Them If I Can ... said...

I know who the bad guy is!! I know! That would be because Kelly has been my writing partner for 14 years. Congrats my freind on a job well done and a great year!! You did good!!

Love,

~Jax

Jacqui Jacoby
www.JacquiJacoby.com
Twitter: JaxJacoby
http://bodycountinc.blogspot.com/
http://jaxsmovielist.blogspot.com/

Friday, July 16, 2010