Friday, May 09, 2014

Best of the best for Mother's Day - Early!

Song Stuck on the Brain: My Mother My Daughter by Janice Kapp Perry

There are some really great Mother's songs out there though, and this one by Carrie Underwood is another favorite.


Mother's Day is just around the corner and my sister and I have been busy making plans for mom. After all the menu options we've tossed around though, we've all decided that fried fish sounds good. So amongst the broccoli salad, Aunt Betty's Strawberry Jell-o salad (family recipe and the only jello I can eat), and organic fresh watermelon - we're tossing in some good ol' Captain D's. All I can say is, as long as Mama's happy - I'm happy!


The Erwins: Angel, Linda and April
My mom is a pretty amazing woman. She's been a foster mom to over 28 kids, adopted 2, gave birth to 2 and raised a total of 5 of us all together. One foster brother aged out before he could be adopted, but we still claim the goofy guy. :)

You'd think that would have been enough for anyone person, but she's also helped raise grandkids, taught art and music classes and been church music director off and on for many years. She plays piano and organ and played the cello too. She sings and recorded a CD with my sister and I (The Erwins Acappella). She writes, paints, draws and sews. She ran her own health store for many years.

I could probably go on and on, but one of the things that impresses me most about mom is her attitude. She's a very positive person and has a very strong faith in Jesus. Although she and our family have been through some very rough situations, her faith has remained strong. She's gained a lot of wisdom in her life and she willingly shares it in a way that is helpful and kind.

I'm not ashamed to say I want to grow up to be like my mom. :)

I've found my token of appreciation to share with her this Sunday and I hope you found one for your mom or 'mom like' person in your life. If you haven't yet, let me share a few ideas with you.

My latest book, Dysfunction Junction is on sale for 75% off this weekend only! It's a pretty good price to start with, but on sale? It's ridiculously affordable! Be sure to check the sale out HERE.

 photo DJMotherDayAd.jpg

and don't forget Missing Pieces, my first novel. It's also at a great price right now if you go HERE.

 photo MPAdoptionmothersdaypromo.jpg

Looking for something other than books? How about giving pearls back to the one who is so priceless to you? My sister Angel is the designer and creator of Angels Divine Designs and she has some great offerings. Check out her page at www.AngelsDivineDesigns.com

 photo PinkandPearlMDad.jpg

 photo PeachandPearlMDad.jpg

 photo blueandpearlMD.jpg

Happy Mother's Day everyone, have a happy and blessed day!

No comments: