Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Limerick Day!

Song Stuck on the Brain: I Don't Like Spiders and Snakes by Jim Stafford

 
Happy Limerick Day! Yep, it's a holiday. How fun is that?

I wrote several to share, but before I do, I'll share a couple of links that will help you with your own limericks to share today.

If you can't remember how your teacher explained it back in grade school, here's a LINK that is very helpful.

There's also a page that allows you to fill in the blanks and it generates the limerick for you.

Here's the limerick I created using the prompts and my dog as inspiration.


There once was a Cocker named Buddy.
Who ate pickles while they were muddy.
But the floor didn't mind,
To be salted and brined.
They were used to being so cruddy.
 
LOL, okay, that one is pretty silly. But for the most part, that's what makes a limerick so much fun!
 
In honor of the holiday, I wrote a few more limericks inspired by my novel Dysfunction Junction and it's cast. Have a go at these.
 
 
There once was a town called Dysfunction
A bad relationship junction.
Can true love be found?
Where problems abound?
This town where hearts will malfunction?


There once was a woman who missed
All her life long a chance to be kissed
She threw up her hands
And said “Oh, My Lands!”
"I may never know what I missed!"
 
 
Once there was a girl who’s big sister
Took a beating from her mean old mister
It made her so mad
To see her sister so sad
That she longed to give him a blister!

There once were three men who were sick
Of fighting for the same great Chick.
So they worked to impress
Now it’s anyone’s guess
Which one of the men will she pick?

Once I got started, I was having too much fun to stop! I kept going and wrote several more. If you want to check out the rest, visit my author's page on Facebook. I'll be posting them throughout the day.

I'd love to hear yours! Feel free to leave them in the comments below or on my Facebook page.

Enjoy!

No comments: