Friday, January 18, 2008

Power Windows

Song Stuck on the Brain: Benny and the Jets by Elton John

I went to see 27 Dresses with Angel and Lindz for Lindz' Bday. (Happy Birthday, Girlfriend) Great movie, and the Benny and the Jets reference will make total sense once you see the movie.

I haven't talked much about my dad before, but a friend sent me a video that was so 'Dad' that I just had to share it.

Dad has been nicknamed Inspector Gadget. He loves things that fit in your pocket. Knives, flashlights, pens, magnifiers, retractable magnets, tools.... etc. At church, everyone knows that if you need something, check with my dad. Chances are he has at least one in his pocket. If it's a knife you need, he has seven. He was even accused of having an inflatable life raft, but that's totally not true. They don't make those pocket size yet. He does however have a filter straw that allows you to bend over and drink straight from a lake. Angel got him that for Christmas. He loves it.

Dad's a great fixer too. He likes to MacGyver things (oh, that's his hero by the way.) He's a survivalist and a packrat at heart and has a use for everything. Someday he'll use those 3,000 plastic newspaper bags he's saved, and he'll probably save all our lives at the same time. So when I saw this video, it was just too perfect. I'm surprised Dad hasn't tried this yet for himself.

A.
 

No comments: