Tuesday, April 01, 2008

What's new

Song Stuck on the Brain: The Lion Sleeps Tonight

I've been so lax in posting my thought lately, but trust me, you haven't missed much. :) Mostly because I've been busy and fighting off a nasty head cold, so the only thing in my brain right now is cotton.

Let's see, so what have I been up to? I've started research on my next book, a suspense set in the jungles of Mexico. I have several interviews to line up for this, as well as a lot of material to read. There's a lot of archaeological info needed, but I've got a strong start. I'm excited about this one though, I really hope it turns out on paper as well as I see it in my head.

I've also started watching Paul McKenna's I Can Make You Thin on TLC. It's been life changing. I can't believe something that makes so much sense, that's so practical and simple, is making such a huge difference where nothing else has. I'm very excited. If you have a chance to check him out, do.

On a lighter note, we had family lunch at my parent's house Sunday. This is a weekly occurrence and there are so many of us, we can't all sit around the table, so usually, Dad and I sit at the table with all the kids and the other adults sit in the living room with TV trays. This arrangement can lead to some really interesting conversations and echoes. I'll start telling Dad a story and Mom can't hear it all so she asks Angel what I'm talking about and suddenly there's an echo conversation in the living room. Sitting at a table full of kids can elicit some unusual stories too. Allie had one this time.

"April, did you know my mom got a new job at the mall?" Allie is sitting next to me poking at her lunch. She's squeezed into a booster seat that's too little for her, but she insists that she loves her seat and she can't sit without it.

"I did. She's cutting hair at a new salon, right?"

"Yep. And she's making really good money too!" She's very emphatic and animated. "She makes like $30 -$40 a day! That's a lot."

"That is good." Dad and I smile at each other.

"Yeah. But she says she has to spend it all on gas though, the kind you put in your car - not the kind you fart." She never wavers in her story as she plows on past this little nugget.

Dad and I lose it. We're trying not to laugh, but we can't help it. Allie doesn't realize for a minute that she's even said anything funny. When she does she blushes a little and laughs too.

Priceless.
A.

No comments: