Friday, October 10, 2008

Documentary Lullabys

Song Stuck on the Brain: Roam by the B-52's

Yay, it's Friday! Whew, what a day it's been too. I'm so glad the weekend is starting. I won't whine any more about how hectic life's been, but I will tell you I've found a new way to help relax.

Anyone seen the BBC's Planet Earth and Blue Planet documentary specials? They're incredible! Absolutely amazing, and they're my stress relievers. I'm sure I've told you before that I'm a night owl and tend to be up past midnight or one a.m. on a regular basis. My problem, was that even then, I'll lay in bed and not be able to get my brain to shut up. I hate that. I found that watching the documentaries cures the problem. They give my brain something to focus on. (Truly, these doc's are just incredible.) Watching all the intricacies of nature and how absolutely amazing God's creation is, puts me in a really peaceful mind set. I can't help but just praise God for all His work. To top it off, the doc's have really soothing music and the narrator's voice is so smooth. It relaxes me and I always end up falling asleep part way in. Later, when I wake up, I can go crawl into bed and drop right off.

And that's not to say that the documentaries are so boring that they put you to sleep. I can watch them when I'm not tired and stay awake through it all. If you have any interest in nature at all, you will love these programs. They've taken cameras and equipment into the wild that they've never used before and have shots of animals and creatures never filmed before. My favorite is the the Birds of Paradise on disc one of the Planet Earth series. They are by far the most extreme bird I've seen. I don't have favorite on the Blue Planet series. For a one time wanna be Marine Biologist, the whole set is a favorite.

If you have a chance, you should check them out. I can't imagine that you'd be disapointed.

A.

No comments: