Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Win Beyond the Night by Marlo Schalesky

New month... new contests! YAY!

In the spirit of out with the old and in with the new, my family has been prepping for a garage sale this weekend. I packed 4 crates of books. Do you know how painful that was? Going over every book and deciding which ones to keep and which to part with? It was torture! But it needed to be done so that the books piled all over my desk, chairs, treadmill (hey, it was good for SOMETHING), they all got put up on bookshelves.

The saddest part? After all 4 crates were hauled away by my burly nephew Ben, my bookshelves DON'T LOOK ANY DIFFERENT. I have 4 large book cases and they're all two deep and two high. *sigh* And I'm constantly reading and adding new books. I don't think I could possibly part with any more at the moment. Maybe in the spring. In the mean time, my books are my girlfriends lending library, so at least they have purpose.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that clings so tightly to the papered past. My girlfriends all want first dibs at buying books before the garage sale opens on Saturday. They apparently cling pretty tightly too.



So would you like to add to your library? How about Marlo Schalesky's Beyond the Night? That's what I'm giving away this week. The contest will run through October 11th at midnight. Just click on the book cover in the sidebar and email me your entry. Don't forget, this is for US and Canadian residents only. I love the rest of my readers, but I can't afford your mail. :)


Good Luck everyone.

A.

No comments: