Thursday, October 09, 2008

Hippies and Cat Bowling

Song Stuck on the Brain: Sister Golden Hair by America

I blame this song on my officemate. His wife, Julie, is a teacher at my old highschool, and it's spirit week. The theme today is Duo's, so she and another teacher went as War and Peace. Julie was peace and dressed up as a tie-dyed 70's throwback. Apparently that had him nostalgic enough to start singing Sister Golden Hair. Or at least part of it. He couldn't remember what the song was or who sang it. He hummed a bar or two and sang the only line he could remember. That was enough to set me off singing the whole thing. I pulled it up on YouTube to play it for him and now I can't get it off my head.

I keep expecting that at some point I'm going to catch a break and find time to breathe and post more often, but honestly, it's only getting worse. As if my schedule at work wasn't busy enough, they've assigned me more duties. Yay. Makes the day go by pretty fast, but by the time I get home I feel like I've been unplugged and all the juice is gone.

It didn't help that Angel and Karen and I were planning a garage sale for last weekend. That took a lot of time and energy too. I'm glad it's done and we had a decent turnout as well. We've got another planned in the spring and anything leftover is all going to charity.

The weather is starting to get nippy at night and I can't believe it's October already. I love fall, it's my absolute favorite time of the year. The leaves haven't changed a lot yet, but they're starting to. If only we could skip all the horror movies and haunted houses, this month would be perfect. I really dislike Halloween. Lots of reasons, but mostly, it just creeps me out tremendously. It's not the fun, cutesy kind of stuff we did as kids. It's gross-out, wet-your-pants-your-so-scared, die-of-a-heart-attack kind of stuff.

I did find a fun game that's not creepy though, so if you're like me, try out something a little less evil/wicked looking and try Cat Bowling. I scored a 130. Which of course isn't great, but a heck of a lot better than I would score in REAL bowling. :)

Have fun!
A.

No comments: