Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas Decorations

I thought I'd share some pics of my tree. It's not very tall, only about 4', so I set it up on my bench to add some height.
Plus, Jack keeps all his toys under the bench and I didn't want him knocking it over by accident. Although in reality, lets face it, I'm the klutz in the house. I've already nearly knocked it over twice. I keep forgetting it's there.

I had a dickens of a time getting shots that weren't blurry. I really needed a tripod, but I don't have one for my digital, so I was stuck MacGyvering it. I got a few good ones though.

I didn't plan for the ornaments to really fit any kind of a theme, but when all was said and done, there was one. Kind of a 'My Favorite Things' of sorts.

The apples represent life and good fellowship, the hearts love and family, the bells music and joy, the pearls wisdom gained through life, and the lights of course stand for the Way the Truth and the Life - the light of Jesus. So, intentional or not, I like how it all plays together.

I also have my nativity set up on top of my entertainment center. I really like this set, but I'm afraid it might not be big enough to balance the cabinet. I may get another set in a few years and pass this one on to someone who can use it.


I'm working on Christmas cards now. I've designed and printed my own along with a letter for the last two years, but this year I had a hard time settling on what I wanted. I did finally get the design down and I'm printing now, but I think I'm going to skip the letter this year. I haven't had enough excitement in my life to warrant a letter.


Gee, I guess that doesn't say much for my posts here...


A.

4 comments:

Amy R. said...

Pretty! I like how all of your stuff goes together. I'll try to post some of my decorations tonight. I worked on my Christmas Village a little last night.

April Erwin said...

Thanks! I can't wait to see your decorations, you always put so much of you into them. :)

Amy R. said...

Check later...I should have them up. I've got to run a few places and pick the munchkin up and then I will be posting.

Anonymous said...

April, I love your decorations!!
Your tree shows character!!
I love that you carry the burgandy into your tree.
---Nancy---