Saturday, May 12, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

Melanie @ the Melanie Writes blog has tagged me. Now I must share 8 things about myself or suffer dire and painful consequences, like my Internet dying or all my books being eaten up by moths. *Shudder*

So here goes nothin'...

1. I have eaten a nacho cheese deep fried grub. Yes a real worm, not the jelly kind. A co-worker brought some back from a business trip. None of the guys in the office would try them... and they didn't think I'd have the guts to do it either... that's what they get for daring me. Tell me I can't do something and watch me prove you wrong. Of course in this case I really can't say I came out the winner. It did remind me of the book I read in grade school, "How to Eat Fried Worms". Who knew it would end up being prophetic?


2. At the age of five I declared Kenny Rogers as my future husband. I even had a scrapbook with pictures of him that I'd cut out of my sister's rag mags with my pink and white safety scissors. I was totally smitten with him. And I have to say, even today, the man ain't half bad.

3. I've always made up stories and songs. I can remember sitting in the upstairs hall as a kid and singing a song to my dolls that I'd just made up. It was all about the beauty of creation. I couldn't have been more than four. I attempted my first novel in the sixth grade and I still have it. It's a nice reminder of my VERY humble beginnings and the drive that started me on this path to begin with.

4. I have never attended public school. Grade school was two double wide trailers, two teachers and 22 students parked in a field next to our Church way out in the boondocks. I home schooled two years and then spent 10th-12th grade at another private school. A small one, but it still felt huge to me. It was the first time I'd ever had to change classes. There was three floors, but no more than eight class rooms on each floor and I stayed on the third floor most of the day. During orientation I flipped out, sure that I was going to get lost. Thankfully, that was an unfounded fear.

5. My graduating class was 7 people and we were the largest graduating class up to that point. It was nice being part of a small class. We were all friends and very close. I don't regret one day of my high school experience.

6. I took tap and gymnastics as a kid. I was such a klutz, Mom thought it would help me be more graceful. Unfortunately, gymnastics didn't stick. I was terrible at it. I was terrified of the balance beam (it was three inches off the ground), I couldn't do a cartwheel to save my life, and although my somersaults were good, you can't be a gymnast just because you're round enough to become a human rolly-polly. Tap was my real love, but my 'practicing' on the tile entry way at home drove everyone insane and Mom turned traitor by giving my beloved shoes to my best friend/worst enemy. Just think, I could have been dancing the lead in Riverdance... Nah, just kidding. I'm still the biggest klutz in town. I'd probably lose a clog and knockout all the other dancers like a row of flailing green dominoes.

7. One of my favorite games as a kid was Secret Agent. I played by myself a lot being the youngest, so I was the super spy and I hunted invisible bad guys, faked their finger prints by using my own on scotch tape. I even had mock fights and arrests with these invisible people. Eventually the strange looks drove me to carrying these out in my head. Now days I just dream about it. Usually I'm the next Sydney Bristow and I have to rescue my sister.

8. My favorite books as a kid was The Legend of Robin Hood and Jackaroo by Cynthia Voigt. I think I have a secret hero complex. I don't know how many times I read those books, but I wanted to be them. I still do and I watch and read anything and everything that has to do with Robin Hood. Like BBC America's new series.


Well, that's probably more than you ever wanted to know about me, now to tag 8 people...

I'm coming for you,
A.

1 comment:

Amy R. said...

My challenge has been completed...see Spoonful of Sugar for the details. http://craftygirlsnightin.blogspot.com/