Saturday, August 23, 2014

National Prince Day 7 - Shakespeare's Princes

#NationalPrinceWeek has been a lot of fun, but today is the last day. I've loved having the cast of  Dysfunction Junction here to host. But for the last day, I'm taking over and sharing a few Shakespearean princes that should be on our list.


I've loved Shakespeare from the moment I cracked Romeo and Juliet open (along with Julius Caesar, I read both at the same time.) From there I was sucked in to all the comedies and many of the dramas. There is plenty of Royalty and Princes in Shakespeare's plays, but if I had to choose a favorite in each category, they would be: 

Hamlet 
"To be, or not to be: that is the question." - Hamlet



and

Much Ado About Nothing

DON PEDRO Come, lady, come; you have lost the heart of Signior Benedick. 
 BEATRICE Indeed, my lord, he lent it me awhile; and I gave him use for it, a double heart for his single one: marry, once before he won it of me with false dice, therefore your grace may well say I have lost it. 
 DON PEDRO You have put him down, lady, you have put him down. 
 BEATRICE So I would not he should do me, my lord, lest I should prove the mother of fools.


Hamlet especially  has had numerous adaptations to film, but thankfully most were worth watching. :)


SO for today's princes I'm showcasing a few of Hollywood's versions.


Kenneth Branagh as Hamlet


Kenneth Branagh and Kate Winslet as Hamlet and Ophelia
Mel Gibson as Hamlet

Mel Gibson and Helena Bonham Carter as Hamlet and Ophelia 
Denzel Washington as Don Pedro, Prince of Arragon in Much Ado About Nothing

Denzel Washington and Robert Sean Leonard as Don Pedro and Count Claudio

Keanu Reeves as Don John in Much Ado About Nothing



L-R: Don John, Don Pedro, Beatrice, Benedick, Hero and Claudio of Much Ado About Nothing

Do you have a favorite Shakespeare play or prince? Movie version? Let me know. Just for the fun of it, here's a 7 question quiz that tells you


I am Rosalind of As You Like It. She doesn't get a prince, but she does get a Duke. Will you be royal? Marry a royal? Or be a crazy? Let me know in the comments.

Thanks again for being a part of this weeks activities, I hope you had as much fun as I did. And for those still waiting, take Kianna's advice and be patient, Someday Your Prince Will Come. :)



Dysfunction Junction 
by April Erwin
Contemporary Christian Romantic Comedy

Twenty-six and never been kissed. That's about to change...



Finding true love these days feels impossible to Kianna Ravencamp, only dysfunction surrounds her.

She dreams of true love and a family, but she’s never even been kissed. For the first time in her life, she will have to navigate dating and flirtation. Will her inexperience be her downfall? 

Letting go and trusting God is the only answer that brings the path to real love and success.

Available Now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Muse It Up Publishing and many more

Visit my Facebook Page or Twitter Feed for more updates and to tell me about your favorite prince. 

No comments: