Sunday, August 17, 2014

National Prince Week Day 1 - Prince of Peace


In April we spent a week celebrating princesses around the world - their beauty, culture, talent, history and contributions. I had a blast and the Cast of Dysfunction Junction had a blast hosting it for me. This week, author Mary Waibel is hosting National Prince Week. Several authors are participating in the tour that starts officially on Monday, August 18th. It's bound to be a blast, so be sure and check out Mary's blog as well as the others touring. 

I'm very excited to invite the cast of Dysfunction Junction back again to host National Prince Week. They wanted to get an early start with a special bonus post. SO, here you are ladies it's all yours. 

Kianna Ravencamp:  Welcome everyone! I have my girls Alexis, Rissa and Hope with me and we have a lot to share this week. When choosing our list of royals, it was obvious one prince stood out above the rest. 



Jesus Christ - Prince of Peace

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder; and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. - Isaiah 9:6 I.V.





Hope Campbell: They call it the Greatest Story Ever Told, only it's more than a story. It's history. This royalty was born in a stable and slept in a manger. 


And she brought forth her first-born son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger, because there was none to give room for them in the inns. - Luke 2:7


Rissa Fuller: As he grew into an adult he had an amazing ministry. Walking the streets and preaching, healing, teaching, blessing and comforting. He performed miracles, like the one in the picture below where he healed Jarius' daughter, walked on water, calmed storms, multiplied food and forgave sins. 

 


And he took the damsel by the hand, and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel, I say unto thee, Arise. And straightway the damsel arose and walked; for she was twelve years old. And they were astonished with a great astonishment. Mark 5:33-34 I.V.

Alexa Fehr: Then at the peak of his ministry, Jesus did something even more incredible. Even though he had never sinned and didn't deserve to die or be punished, he accepted the sins of every person through all of time. That's a lot. He let them beat him and abuse him, hang him on a cross with nails driven through his hands and feet. He hung there in agony and then forgave even the soldiers who had just abused him. His body lay in the tomb for 3 days while he broke the chains of death and then ROSE AGAIN. Permanently. He lives and watches over and loves each one of us personally. 






But when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away, (for it was very great,) and two angels sitting thereon, clothed in long white garments; and they were affrighted. But the angels said unto them, Be not affrighted; ye seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified; he is risen; he is not here; behold the place where they laid him; - Mark 16:3-4 I.V.

Kianna: He cares for each of us as a father or parent would for his child. 


 What man among you, having a son, and he shall be standing out, and shall say, Father, open thy house that I may come in and sup with thee, will not say, Come in, my son; for mine is thine, and thine is mine? Or what man is there among you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? - Matthew 7:17-20 I.V.


He Comforts us ... 


Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. - Psalm 23:4 I.V.


... and holds us up in our darkest hours



  I was in the darkest abyss; but now I behold the marvelous light of God. - Mosiah 11:192 Book of Mormon


Listens to all our problems, cares and concerns and gives wisdom


With him is wisdom and strength, he hath counsel and understanding. - Job 12:13 I.V. 

 And we are so blessed to know that this Prince of Peace is our Savior and God of Heaven. He's not just a story, he's reality and one day soon we'll have the joy and honor of living with him again. Of all the Royals you could want to meet - this is the one you should. He's not a snob, he's not a player, he's not too busy with politics or world affairs to know you personally. He welcomes the opportunity. 


Then spake Jesus, saying, Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:29  I.V.

No man can come unto me, except he doeth the will of my Father who hath sent me. And this is the will of him who hath sent me, that ye receive the Son; for the Father beareth record of him; and he who receiveth the testimony, and doeth the will of him who sent me, I will raise up in the resurrection of the just. - John 6:44  I.V.


That whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish; but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. – John 3:15-17  I.V.

Thanks so much for being here, please come back tomorrow as we kick off the official days of National Prince Week!


Dysfunction Junction 
by April Erwin
Contemporary Christian Romantic Comedy

Twenty-six and never been kissed. That's about to change...

Finding true love these days feels impossible to Kianna Ravencamp, only dysfunction surrounds her.

She dreams of true love and a family, but she’s never even been kissed. For the first time in her life, she will have to navigate dating and flirtation. Will her inexperience be her downfall? 

Letting go and trusting God is the only answer that brings the path to real love and success.

Available Now at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Muse It Up Publishing and many more

Visit my Facebook Page or Twitter Feed for more updates and to tell me about your favorite prince. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a fun week ahead of us! Thanks for the shout out, April!