Monday, June 26, 2006

Midsummer Night's Back Yard

I could give you all kinds of reasons for why I've been quiet for the last few days, but suffice it to say that life got in the way.

Suffice. Hmm, Lindz would be having a cow over that word. I used 'que' over the weekend in reference to people lining up and she flipped out.

"Que?! Did you just say Que? No one in America uses that word. That's a Brittish word! We say line up."

Ah, a thousand apologies, Lindz. I know you've recently returned from Europe and found their terms extremely funny. I'll blame my 'que-ing' on reading too many Brittish romance novels recently. Although, in my defense, 'que' is a perfectly good word.

My weekend was slow, but nice. I've discovered something especially cool about my backyard. After 10 p.m. it turns into the faery bower from A Midsummer Night's Dream. My yard has 13 trees, plus it backs up to a wooded area. My fence is covered with flowering vines too, so it's already very 'faery' like, but when I looked out my backdoor the yard was flooded with fireflies. It looked like the night was wearing sequins. It was so cool. I could almost imagine Titania and her entorage taking up residence among the lights. I've just never seen that many fireflies at one time before.

Or better yet, imagining Adam Black (known as Puck to others) coming to life in all his Celtic, muscled glory. *sigh* You have to read Karen Marie Moning to get that one.

Wow, I have got to get a life.
A.

No comments: