Monday, September 25, 2006

Poorer than I thought

What a relief!!! I'm not as rich as I thought. Turns out the dern thing doesn't read decimal places, and persnickety bookkeeper that I am, I put a .00 on the end of my yearly income. Imagine that! I'm relieved to see that I'm really as poor as I feel and I'm not just imagining things. :) Thanks, Amy for pointing that out.


I'm loaded.
It's official.
I'm the 207,826,087 richest person on earth!



How rich are you? >>



Speaking of feeling poor... I'm a movie junkie. I usually hit the theater at least once a week, sometimes twice. But I'm really trying to be good and cut back on my spending so I can pay off my bills and actually have a savings account. (wow, that would be nice.) So, in an effort to save money, I've spent the last month and a half avoiding the theater, and shopping and pretty much any other activity on the weekend. I don't mind actually. I like my alone time.

However, Angel hates this.

Friday night she told me I was "just a boring, old fuddy-duddy stick in the mudd that likes to stay home all the time".

I was incensed! I am not boring, nor am I old, Ms. Big Sister. I also object to the terms 'fuddy-duddy' and 'stick in the mudd'. Really, how rude!

So despite the inner voice that told me not to, I let Angel and my nephew guilt me into going to the movies on Saturday. They were choosing between The Illusionist, Crank and Gridiron Gang. My vote was for the Illusionist. They voted for Crank.

I'm thinking, "Well, they're inviting me so I shouldn't be a pain. Plus, I liked Jason Statham in the Transporter movies and the Italian Job." I gave in and we went to see Crank.

Let me tell you now. That is the biggest waste of $6.50 I have ever spent.

First, all the previews were for horror films. I HATE horror films, so I sat in the theater with my eyes closed. Then the movie was the lamest excuse for a plot I've ever seen. Jason plays a hitman who get hit himself. He's injected with a poison that will kill him if he can't keep his adrenaline pumping. He wants revenge of course on the killer, so he goes from one trick to another to keep his adrenaline pumping until he can get his revenge. The action was terrible, the language was worse and after he and his girlfriend 'get it on' on a newsrack in front of about a hundred people (to keep his adrenaline up of course), I walked out. Ben and Angel were right behind me.

I've never walked out of a film before. Not even the ones I didn't like very much. I always figure it's going to get better. There was no way this one was going to get any better after an hour of crap. I figured it was a bigger waste to sit in there bored and disgusted than it was to just lose out on my ticket money.

I'm so disgusted. I finally give in and go to the movies and it's a horrible experience. I should have just said NO!

I'm going back to pinching my pennies now.
A.

1 comment:

April Erwin said...

LOL, well, if it's a good movie, I could probably be convinced. :) What did you have in mind?