Thursday, October 11, 2007

Is there an agent in my future?

Song Stuck on the Brain: Do you know the Muffin Man?


I was released from the hospital on Monday October 1st. Spent one day at my parents and then, finally, got to come home. YAY! I took a week at home to get my bearings with the intention of going back to work part time the following Monday (8th).

My first day back at work wasn't too bad. I was tired, but sure I'd be in the next day with no trouble. That was until I woke up at 4:30 am Tuesday on a Tilt -a Whirl. I have never experienced dizzy like that before. It was so bad it felt like the two halves of my brain were being ripped apart by centrifugal force. Oh yeah, and then there was the vomiting. I won't elaborate.

Short of it is, I ended up in the ER, concerned it might be a complication from the surgery. Good news is that it's not related to the surgery. Bad news is it's Vertigo and I got another prescription. One more that has the power to knock me out cold. Needless to say, I haven't been able to go back to work again. I'm aiming for tomorrow afternoon as long as all goes well. The dizziness has improved a great deal.

As for really good news, I was notified by email on Tuesday that I have an agent interested in seeing the full manuscript for my inspiration chick lit novel Dysfunction Junction. I've got a month to finish it up and send it out. I swear I screamed out loud when I read the email. It's positively thrilling and terribly scary all at the same time.

I know that a request for a full MS doesn't guarantee a contract, nor does a contract with an agent guarantee a sale. However, this is still a big step forward and it will be exciting to see where it goes. Ultimately it's in God's hands and that's the best place for it to be anyway.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and well wishes. I appreciate you all so much.

A.

P.S. If you haven't entered the contest to win 2 books by Chris Well, be sure to enter today by clicking the book covers at the top of the sidebar. Contest ends at midnight on October 31, 2007. Good luck!

4 comments:

Amy R. said...

I certainly hope there is an agent in your future! That is so exciting, I can't wait for you to hear back...Sorry you haven't been back to work...did I jinx you?

April Erwin said...

No, if anything I jinxed myself. When I entered the contest, it was kind of a last minute thing and I didn't expect to place. I should have been working harder on the ms all along. Then when I came up 1 of 4 finalists I was shocked, and figured that would be the end of it. Nope. See, it was my own lack of confidence that jinxed me. Cuz now that I'm on a serious deadline all kinds of things are going wrong. :) Oh well.

Anonymous said...

I'm happy about your book news. I hopt that your Vertigo doesn't get you down too much. It will be difficult to write. I pray that the Lord helps you through (I know that he will)
I pray God's will be done in your situation.

Nora
music-mama@fredstlaurent.com

April Erwin said...

Thanks Nora. I appreciate that more than you can know. :) God bless!