Thursday, May 25, 2006

Just another day in paradise...


Well, things haven't slowed down much around here. We're finally nearing a three day weekend - unfortunately it seems we'll still be doing round the clock care for my aunt. I hate to make it sound like we don't love her, cuz we do. I was just REALLY needing this three day weekend. Oh, well. At least my foot is healing. It's still all purple-y looking but I can walk better.

Since I was at Aunt Mabel's until late last night, I had to stay up later to see the American Idol results show. Which, by the way, was a lot of fun to watch. Bucky's voice has improved, he must be taking lessons. And we got to hear Chris again. His performance with LIVE was very cool. In my heart of hearts I'm still sad that he didn't win, but if he couldn't, at least Taylor got it. All I can say is, "Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol!" Now all y'all hurry up and get in a recording studio. I need albums from Chris, Elliot, Taylor, Bucky, Ace, Katharine and Kellie.

It's hard to believe that summer is nearly here and all my fav shows are going off air. I guess that gives me more time to write... . Ha! As if. I keep telling myself that if I could just get rid of this, I'd have more time for that. Ain't happenin'. Every time I find a spare minute, something else comes up. (READ Family Responsibilities) Eh, I guess I can't blame it all on that. But there are days I envy my fellow writers who get to stay home. I know their lives are hectic too, but it seems like they at least have a head start on their dreams.

I was thinking this morning that what I need is a Sugar Daddy. Or at least a well-to-do man that doesn't care what I look like, to marry me and let me stay home and write while he supports me. That's pure fantasy though, because in reality I'm too much of a romantic to actually marry someone for his money. I'm that sappy romance reader that really and truly believes that love conquers all. That we could be dirt poor and happy as long as we had True Love. And that in a nutshell, is why I'm still single. Guys have dreams too and if a guy has to live on love alone, he'd better be sure that he can stand the package it comes in too.

Oh well, who wants happily ever after anyway?

A.

2 comments:

Angel Erwin said...

Me! I want happily ever after! Hasn't happened but I still live on hope! Angel

Camy Tang said...

I can testify that an unfeeling Sugar Daddy isn't nearly as fun as a loving man who really supports me and prays with me in what I'm doing! But I do hear ya, that it's really hard for a writer to make a living these days without a spouse to help support them. I think that's why so many writers do articles and things, for more steady income.

Camy