Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I'm living 'Ground Hog Day'


I was wrong. Today was Monday. At least that’s what it felt like. (Is today Ground Hog Day by any chance? My days are repeating.) We were short 3 employees, so the phones were bananas. ( I said B-A-N-A-N-A-S! Sorry, couldn’t resist a little Ms. Gwen.) ANYWAY, back to my poor, stressed out little self. The only relief in all this is that my office mate was one of the missing three. That probably sounds mean, but it’s really not.

See, when I’m stressed I listen to music. Comfort music - music that drives him up the wall. So, I’m sure he was just as happy to be home sick then in our office. I listen to music all day every day, but on REALLY bad days, NSYNC comes out. I know every song, I’ve memorized all the albums and if these had been tapes rather than CD’s, I would have worn them out 10 times over.

Today, the boys went into the player around 10:30 and they’ve been on solid replay all day long. Today it’s “No Strings Attached”. Every song speaks to me in some way.

“Makes Me Ill”, ah, let me count the ways THAT one has been appropriate today. SO many customers, SO little time.

“Space Cowboy” – yes, I want a Space Cowboy. Or an Urban Cowboy or a Redneck Cowboy… Yippee Yi Ya Yi Yo.

“It’s Gonna Be Me” – Yes, SOMEDAY, it will be me. I’ll be the one with the Christy Award, waving goodbye to my accounting position for EVER!

“Just Got Paid” – Not yet, just two more days though and I can Party! Pink Poker Party!

“No Strings Attached” – Really. I can trip, fall and stumble all on my own. I don’t need strings to trip me.

“Digital Get Down” – Um, Okay, maybe this one doesn’t speak to me on the same level it does for JC. But, I like digital photography…

“Bringin' Da Noise” – That’s what the phone has been doing to me all day long.

“I Thought She Knew” – That’s what I keep hearing. I thought she knew I was taking a long lunch, I thought she knew about that unadvertised special…

“I’ll Be Good For You” – I don’t believe it. No one’s been good for me today. But I hold great hope for tomorrow.

“That’s When I’ll Stop Loving You” – Never. That’s when. Sigh, this song makes me melt.

“This I Promise You” – I won’t make you listen to NSYNC on repeat – unless you want to. If you do, call me, we can NSYNC together, I have all the DVD’s.

“Bye Bye Bye” – What I’ve longed to say to this office all day long.

And what I’ll say to you now.

Bye, Bye, Bye!
A.

No comments: