Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Music for your ears

Yay, I have new music! I look forward to the little brown packages on my porch, probably more than anything. I do most of my music shopping online, so the boxes always signify something exciting.

My most recent purchases, have included some classical, a little rock and roll and a whole lot of country. I have a pretty broad taste in music, but I think these selections could be enjoyed by a lot of you, so I thought I’d share them.

Top of the list is Il Divo’s newest release. You may have heard of them on Oprah last year when Simon Cowell introduced them as his newest group. Their first CD was incredible. They have amazing voices and their harmonies are outstanding. Best of all it’s a classical sound without being overpowering. Even opera haters will find something to like here. Their latest CD is a Christmas album and I love it. Everyone else in my office seems to like it too. (Which is a good thing since it’s going to get played a lot.) They cover O Holy Night, Ave Maria, Silent Night and lots more. You can hear samples of the album at: http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/music/artist/card/0,,3147734,00.html

The next on my list is Dierks Bentley’s new album, Modern Day Drifter. Dierks has a great voice, the kind that slides through your veins and makes you feel warm all over. Best song on the album in my opinion is “Come a Little Closer”. Gives me chills. There are lots of good tracks though from the funny – “Domestic, Light and Cold”, to the upbeat and catchy “Lot of Leavin’ Left to Do”. He’s definitely a rising country star. You can hear Dierks Bentley at:
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,3204244,00.html

Next is Bon Jovi’s Have a Nice Day. Their newest release is fun, catchy and feel-good. The title track is my favorite, but all of them are worthwhile. I especially like the duet “Who Says You Can’t Go Home” with Jennifer of Sugarland. They rock together. In fact, they did a show together for Crossroads on GAC. Watch for the replay, it’s well worth it. You can hear Bon Jovi at:
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/artist/album/0,,3405460,00.html?src=search&artist=Bon+Jovi

Last but not least is the Soundtrack from Shakespeare’s Merchant of Venice. The music is very moody and classical, yet in no way depressing. It was written by Jocelyn Pook and features the voices of Hayley Westenra and Andreas Scholl. This is the kind of music you chill to when you want to relax or just need to think. You can hear the Merchant of Venice Soundtrack at:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00068V37A/104-2202796-3403154?v=glance


So, what are you waiting for? Go check these out and tell me what you think. I’d love to know if others enjoy these as much as I do.

Happy Listening,
A.

No comments: