Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Rocking the Goblet


I may be 28 now, but that hasn’t stopped me from being a huge Harry Potter fan. Well, not as huge as some, but I do love the series. Goblet of Fire is my favorite so far, so I’ve been looking forward to the movie immensely. Last night I made it my birthday party and six of us girls went to see it. (I say girls but we range in age from 23 to 39.)

I loved it. I liked the first two movies, they were fun. The third was even better, but Goblet of Fire just totally rocked. Of course there’s a lot of stuff they couldn’t really cover due to time constraints, but I was impressed by how well it flowed despite all the omissions. It was hysterical and yet creepy in all the right places and even sad. (I’ll admit it – I cried when Harry brought back Cedric Diggory, both when I read the book and when I watched the movie.)

The actors have really grown with the film series and they’re rolls are really becoming quite rounded. I love the chemistry among the cast, I honestly couldn’t name one person I would cast differently, and that’s pretty rare for me. Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort was pure genius.

If you haven’t seen any of the films, give them a chance. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t read the books (although I highly recommend them.) J.K. Rowling’s characters are anything but flat. You’ll be amazed at how much you find in common with a young wizard in training.

I’m already dying to go back and see it again on the big screen, despite the price gouging. I’ll fork it over for Harry any day.

Enjoy!
A.

No comments: