Thursday, January 26, 2006

Sleepy and Singed


Well, the flames have died down somewhat today. It felt more like embers with an occasional flamage outbreak. Needless to say, my fur feels much better today. To be honest, my biggest problem today was trying to stay awake. My sister and nephew came over last night for dinner and cards. At ten, Angel decides she wants me to make her magnets for her fridge. See, I made some ‘hottie’ magnets to use as prizes at the party and they went over so well, everyone wants more. Angel started picking out pictures for me to use and by the time we’d resized them, printed, cut and laminated them, and glued them to their magnet backs, it was nearly 1am.

You’d think I’d be smart enough to just crash at that point, but I decided to read ‘for a few minutes’ before I turned out the light. BIG mistake. It was nearly two am before I made myself turn the light out. I wouldn’t have quit then, except I knew that I’d still have to make it through the rest of ‘Hell Week’ and sleep deprivation doesn’t improve your outlook in an already stressed environment. But, joy of all joys; it’s nearly the weekend again. I’ve survived this long; I think I’ll make it to the light at the end of the tunnel.

As a side note, I’ve discovered a new blog I thought you all should check out. It seems I’ve got competition from my dog Jack. Turns out he’s picked up more from me than I thought, while hanging out in my home office. He’s started his own blog. You can check it out at http://www.blueeyedjack.blogspot.com/. Be sure to read his bio, too. He’s quite serious about this new effort, so I won’t stand in his way – as long as he doesn’t shed too much on my keyboard at home.

Until tomorrow,
A.

No comments: