Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year everyone. Wow, what a weekend. Friday night I worked until ten pm so we could close out the year in the accounting office. Saturday started our 3 day weekend and Angel and I celebrated by going to our favorite restaurant (Bua Thai) and seeing the movie "Family Stone". Which was really good by the way. Very funny, but moving too. It was a great ensemble cast that really worked well together. I was afraid it might be another 'Royal Tannenbaums', which I totally hated, but it was so much better. Really, not even in the same category. I especially loved Luke Wilson's role. What a great actor.

New Year's eve was a girls night (including my 3 yr old niece). We played Hottie Bingo- my own board game creation that is getting rave reviews. Even the 3 year old played. She was quite intrigued by the different 'hotties' on her game board. It was very cute. Once she was asleep, it was on with a Hugh Jackman Chick Flick.

Sunday was a lazy day and Monday wrapped up the weekend for us when we saw "King Kong". Another incredible movie. Peter Jackson is the bomb. I love his work and he didn't disappoint. I know some of my friends were complaining that it took an hour to get to the island and see Kong, but I truly liked the setup. I've never seen the original (or any of the remakes previous) so maybe that's why the story set up worked well in my eyes. I think Jack Black was a fabulous choice, it was nice to see him stretch his acting wings a little. The CG is incredible and it's definitely one you MUST see on the big screen. No waiting for rental on this one. I especially loved the humor scenes. Kong was so real, you knew what his emotions were. Watching him laugh or tease with Ann was great and the ice skating incident is a great touch too.

So the holidays are officially wrapped and it's back to the grindstone. I've got a six month countdown until our next paid holiday. I guess that means plenty of time to work on those new year resolutions with out distraction. My biggest one this year is to get my latest novel from synopsis to completed draft. That should keep my plenty busy.

Have a great year!
A.


2 comments:

April Erwin said...

Woo-Hoo! You go girl! ;) I'm so excited for you going back to school. I know you're going to love it. And I can't wait to see the newly revised Grouchy Gumdrops, I love that story. I've got some new books on Children's writing if you wanna take a look.

April Erwin said...

Glad to do it. Just let me know, I can't hardly wait. :)