Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Un- Leashing my frustrations

Song Stuck on the Brain: I Think I Love You by the Partridge Family



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I entered the Berry Burst Cheerios contest a while back. You had to re-write the lyrics to I Think I Love You to praise the new cereal. The winner was supposed to get to sing the song with David Cassidy. I entered kind of on a whim. I didn't win, but never did find out who DID win, so I'm not sure what happened with the contest. I didn't really care that much about meeting David Cassidy, but Angel was a fan. Anyway, I've had my own lyrics tumbling around with the original all day long. So it goes more like, "I was eating, when right in the middle of a spoonful, I noticed all the berries that fill up my Berry Burst Cheerios..... I think I love you, So what am I so afraid of, I'm afraid that I'm not sure of a love there is no cure for....." I'll have to find the recording I made for the contest and post it. I thought it was rather good. The lyrics that is.

What's your opinion on a leash law?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I can see the legitimacy of one. For the safety of everyone, it makes sense if your dog is not fenced or inside any kind of an enclosure, then they should be leashed or tethered to a skyline.

I've never really cared too much in the past if this law was followed by those around me or not. I love animals, so it doesn't bother me to see a pet loose in the yard with his owner. However, my neighbor up the street is quickly changing my mind.

My street is kind of wonky. It jogs from the connecting road on the opposite side of our cross street, it's a dead end and people line the street on both sides with their cars. It can get a little crowded.

About six months ago, Angel, Lindz and I were coming back home around 9 p.m. from a movie. It was dark and as we were going down my street, when something came flying out from between the parked cars and went under our tires before we even knew what had happened. We heard the thud and I got out to check it out. The guy that lives at that house comes running out of his garage screaming and cussing a blue streak. He scoops up a pug dog off the street and carries him over to lay him on the trunk of one of six cars in his driveway. (not guests, there are always that many.) I approached him to see if he was okay and he just cussed me out, claimed we were flying down the street (we weren't). He took the dog, jumped into his car and sped off.

To the best of my knowledge the dog lived. We all felt horrible, but his dog was running loose, it was small, and in the dark there was no warning for us. You'd think he would have learned his lesson and quit letting them run loose.

NOPE.

Three times since then, I've had to hit my breaks because one of his dogs is running across the street in front of my car. Luckily, I'm overly cautious now and I watch really close for the dogs. But who else does? How many people know to watch the cars in front of his house to see if a fur ball is loose?

If he really cared about his dogs, he'd keep them safe. Obviously they don't stay in his yard and they don't come at his command. It makes me so angry that he would continue to risk their safety like that. He doesn't deserve to have dogs if he can't take care of them properly. All it would take is a leash and he'd never have to fear their getting hit.

*Sigh*

And that concludes the public service announcement for the day... .

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wentworth Miller & Dominic Purcell


On a different note, did anyone watch Prison Break last night? I was so excited that Sarah and Michael finally found each other. Then the stupid girl left him. I wanted to scream. What am I saying... I did scream. This show has me biting off all my fingernails and yelling instructions to the TV screen. It's worse than Alias.

I love Prison Break. Plus it has the absolutely fabulous Dominic Purcell. Ahh, now there's a fine speciman. I cast him as my model for the lead male in my current novel. If it ever makes it to publication, then on to the silver screen, I'm lobbying for Dominic to play the role. I don't care how old he is when the time comes.

A.

Don't forget to enter the FIRST contest to win a free copy of Nancy Jo Jenkins Coldwater Revival. Just leave a comment HERE.

No comments: