Monday, October 09, 2006

Baseball Shmaseball

Song Stuck on the Brain: Sixteen Going on Seventeen from The Sound of Music. It's been a musical montage all weekend. It started off with Make 'Em Laugh from Singin' In the Rain, then it was various tunes from Westside Story. Sound of Music is just the latest.

Book Contest: We have a winner!!! Amy over at Trollville won the free copy of Dark Hour by Ginger Garrett. Congratulations, Amy! I hope you enjoy the book. Be sure to watch for the next book contest coming soon.

I've never liked baseball. I know, it's the American sport and I probably sound downright communist for saying it, but I can't stand the game. It's the most boring game ever created. I can handle the occasional movie about baseball and I don't discriminate against those that choose to love the game.

However, network TV has crossed a line with their airing of the World Series this year. Scheduling for Prison Break, Vanished, Bones and who knows what else has been interrupted because they don't want to compete with the World Series broadcast on another station.

I'm sorry, but haven't they heard of VCR's DVR's and Tivo? Play your regularly scheduled programing. Those that want to watch the World Series in addition to regular programing can chose to tape one to watch later. It's really not all that complicated. I mean this is the age of electronic advancement and Digital prowess. Why must those of us who have brains enough to not care about a stick and ball be punished? Bring back my regularly scheduled shows!

Network scheduling is kind of a sore spot for me, if you can't tell.

So tonight, rather than finding out whether Linc rescues LJ or why Agent Kelton was killed, I'm going to be doing dishes and laundry with no other reward for my hard work then clean dishes and clothes.

At least Heroes is still on.
A.

No comments: