Sunday, February 11, 2007

And the Grammy goes to...

This is the song now stuck on my brain. It's by far my favorite from the new album. If you watched the Grammy's last night, then you know what I mean when I say, watching him perform is to know that you are in the presence of a gifted man. That boy has more talent in his pinkie than I could ever dream of having. Loved his performance. I would have liked to see him win album of the year, but he got 2 awards out of his four nominations, so that's not too bad.

I was really impressed with the fan collaboration at the end. Robyn Troup was a natural on stage. Great voice, great presence. I was impressed with how cool and collected she was on stage. Some of the pro's don't handle Grammy pressure that well. I'll be shocked if she doesn't get a music contract out of this somehow.


Play Justin Timberlake’s “'What Goes Around...Comes Around' Preview”


Carrie Underwood and Rascall Flatts blew me out of the water too. Carrie has got to be one of the best new voices in a long time. I think she can sing anything and make it sound fabulous.

Gnarls Barkley was fun. I like Crazy. He scared me a little when he stumbled, but he covered well. Christina Aguilera wailed like the old soul that she is. I may not always appreciate the choices she makes, but there's no doubt she can sing like nobody's business. Her Back To Basics album is really good.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this years Grammy's. All the performances were well done and entertaining. I have to take exception with their promoting the Red Hot Chili Peppers performance as being the one every one would talk about Monday. It was not high on my list. But then again, I am mentioning it, even if not for the reasons they'd expect. So I guess they get the last laugh after all.

The contest is still up and running for a free AUTOGRAPHED copy of Abiding Darkness. Please enter ONLY if you live in the US or Canada. Click on the book cover at the top of the side bar to email your entry. And stay tuned for more autographed books coming soon.

Have a great Monday everyone,
A.

No comments: