Friday, August 28, 2009

Through the Fire by Shawn Grady

Song Stuck on the Brain: Just the Way You Are


Today I'm Featuring Through the Fire by Shawn Grady.


Photobucket

I know I featured this book last month, but I'm giving away a copy this month and I wanted to tell you all how much I loved the book.

Shawn Grady is a firefighter through and through. He's been in the trenches and lived to tell about it. I did a lot of research on the fire community for a book I wrote a few years back, but there is no way you could research long enough to give the reader the same feel that Shawn gives. It's intense and so real you can taste the smoke.

As if that isn't enough to grab your attention, his writing almost has a poetic feel to it. A hybrid of literary prose, high octane action and true to life story telling. As a reader I was hooked, as a writer I'm truly inspired.

Find out more about the book HERE. Visit Shawn's website HERE.

If you want to enter to win a copy of Through the Fire, click on the book cover in the top of the sidebar to email me your entry. The contest ends at midnight August 31st, though, so enter right away!

A.

No comments: