Friday, December 16, 2005

Toy Story


If you hadn't guessed yet, I love frogs. I would have one as a pet, but I don't have a good place to keep it. If I ever have kids though, I'd totally go for the pet frog. (or even a turtle - but NO SNAKES OR LIZARDS.)

Frogs are so cute. There was one that lived in the ground by my parents stone retaining wall a few years ago. She would come out and sit on the wall and let me pet her at night when I came home. In the spring we'd find babies too. I suppose technically she's a toad, but I'm not prejudiced, toads are equally cute. In fact, I love frogs so much, I have little colored rubber tree frogs lined up across the top of my computer right now. My co-workers like to play with them. One used to put them in compromising positions and wait for me to find them. Bad boy.

Playing with the toys on top of my computer isn't anything new though, the toys may change from time to time, but the tricks never do. It started with my Winnie the Pooh. When I started working here, I brought a Pooh squeeze toy. It sat on top of my monitor. Eventually, I added Tigger and Eeyore. One co-worker in particular loved to mess with them. He used tape and turned them into a "Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" display. He even went so far as to make paper Musketeer costumes for them, swords and all. They were also subject to kidnapping and ransom. I loved my Pooh characters, but eventually it was time to move on to something new. I've had several things. A Superman action figure that 'flew' over a burning asteroid. That one came out of a kids meal. I really wanted the Wonder Woman figure, but I got the man of steel instead.

The frogs are the most recent. Lately, I've been thinking of moving on again, despite my love of frogs. The other day, I went to Burger King and they were advertising toys from Star Wars. They had R2-D2 and I wanted him so bad. R2 is my favorite. But when I asked, they said they were sold out - permanently. That bites. So I'm still looking for the newest desktop mascot. Maybe I could find Stargate SG-1 toys. That'd be cool.

Never grow up,
A.

No comments: