Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Larry boy ain't got nothin' on me...

Song Stuck on the Brain: I Fought the Law and Chocolate Cookie, Chocolate Cookie. Did you ever sing Sarasponda differently at campfire? We used to sing “Chocolate cookie, chocolate cookie, chocolate cookie, ret set set. / Chocolate cookie, chocolate cookie, chocolate cookie, ret set set. / An Oreo. / A chocolate Oreo. / A Chocolate cookie, ret set set / Ossay Possay O.”

Actually, today’s been one of those silly days where all of us in the office were throwing oddball songs around at each other. I think in a matter of only 10 minutes we went through, “Say My Name” by Destiny’s Child, I’ve Got the Joy, Joy, Joy Down in My Heart, Father Abraham, If You’re Happy and You Know It, and Chocolate Cookie. There may have been others, it was a crazy time. Songs flying left and right, zinging around the office with the greatest of ease. If there were more, they’ve simply slipped my mind. Don’t worry, with my LF Syndrome, they will return. Probably at the most inopportune time.

I have a hole in my bathroom. Actually, it’s not so much a hole as a lack of shower. I’m finally getting a new one. YAY!!!

The hot water faucet was broken when I moved in and so were the drain stopper and the handle that turned the shower head on. It was permanently set to shower, no tub faucet. Gradually the hot water faucet has become more and more finicky, until it only works with great effort and ingenuity. In addition, the shower walls were never sealed properly and the yucky black stuff was overtaking the shower.

My landlady agreed to fix the whole thing. Which meant ripping it all out and replacing it. So, come Thursday, I’ll have a brand new tub and shower that WORK! You have no idea how flipping excited I am about this. After 2 ½ years, I won’t have to be a contortionist in the shower when I try to turn off the hot water faucet while also avoiding rogue blasts of scalding or freezing water. Trust me, there’s only so much room in a shower and they weren’t made for AVOIDING the water spray.

I've been taking my dog Jack to my parent's house during the day so they can remodel without worrying about him getting loose or in the way. It feels so odd. Like I'm taking my kid to Nana's house for babysitting. He is so excited in the morning to get to leave with me. He recognizes the word's Nana and Papa. All I have to do is say Nana's house and he's bouncing all over the place. They spoil him, just like they do the grandkids. Why wouldn't he love it at Nana's?

Once the remodel is done, I’ll still have to paint. I’ve already chosen the wall color. I’ve also selected some photos taken by Lindz when she was in Italy. I’m having them redone in sepia tone. These are the two pictures I’m using:



It will feel so nice to have the bath all done and decorated completely.

Tonight’s Idol, don’t forget to vote for your favorite.

Enter the contest to win a free copy of The Seat Beside Me by Nancy Moser.
Click the book cover on the right to email me your entry. The contest is open to US and Canadian Residents only and will end Sunday, April 8, 2007 at midnight.

A.

No comments: