Friday, January 25, 2008

Happy Birthday, Allie-gator

Song Stuck on the Brain: I Belive that Children are Our Future by Whitney Houston

Today is Allie-gator's 9th birthday. I can't believe the baby is growing up so fast. She's the youngest of the 3 I've helped to care for. Dad commented today that in three years he and Mom probably won't be babysitting anymore.

I asked, "How come?"

"Because they'll be 12, 14, and 16. They won't need babysitters."

I feel old. Really old. Then I remembered that Mom and Dad will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary in 4 years. And I felt even older.

At this point, I'm ready to go home and try to roll back a few years.

A.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm offering "One Smooth Stone" by Marcia Laycock to anyone who will review it on their blog free of charge. It had been previously set to run in the CFBA, but due to differences in publisher laws in Canada, it had to be canceled. I have about 100 copies to give, so if you're interested, e-mail me at brandihroberts@gmail.com