Monday, June 16, 2008

Don't Hex with Texas by Shanna Swendson

Song Stuck on the Brain: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered by Katalina (Simply Irresistible Soundtrack)

Yay! I finally found time to read Shanna Swendson's latest, Don't Hex with Texas. It's book four in the Katie Chandler series and it was as fantastic as I expected it to be. I love that there is a never ending supply of surprises in these books. Just when you think you have something figured out, boom! Here comes a new twist. Plus, you just can't beat Katie's sense of humor or her taste in men. Owen Palmer is the hottest mix of bad boy/boy next door/Most Powerful Man on Earth/Mr. Sensitive that I've ever read. My only fault with him is that he's a little on the short side. But I'm sure that if I ever met him in person, I'd gladly forgive him this minor flaw. Especially if he invited me to summon the wee people with him down by the river. (And if you don't know what that means... READ THE BOOK!)


ABOUT THE BOOK:

Just so you know what you're missing, here's a summary.


"Katie Chandler has fled fast-paced Manhattan and returned home to a simpler life, working at her family’s feed-and-seed store in Cobb, Texas. Leaving the sexy wizard Owen Palmer to battle his demons in the magical realm may have been a selfless gesture—after all, Katie seemed to attract evil, which only made Owen's job a lot harder—but now it seems like trouble has followed her home. And despite the fact that Merlin, Katie’s old boss at Magic, Spells, and Illusions, Inc., has assured her that Cobb is free of enchantment, magically speaking, Katie begins to notice curious phenomena.


Soon Cobb is being plagued by a series of unexplainable petty crimes and other devilish mischief, and after her experiences in Manhattan, Katie knows "unauthorized magic" when she sees it. As this new dark magic strikes deep in the heart of Texas, Owen appears (literally) to investigate. Now Katie’s friends and family must show the bad guys why it’s bad luck to hex with Texas, while Katie and Owen combine their strengths like never before to uncover a sinister plot before evil takes root in the lone star state."

Now, I am extremely anxious to see book five, and the fastest way to make that happen, is to get the first four flying off the shelves faster than a spell gone wrong. So I'm encouraging you all to go buy this series. I know I've raved about Shanna's work in the past, but just in case you missed all that and want to see it, here are the links. You can read all about the first three books in my review here. For more on the Fabulous Ms. Swendson, visit her website or blog. She's very entertaining.

No comments: